Software Development Engineer II
- Seattle, WA
Do you want to own cutting edge technology, solve new problems that didn't exist before, and have the ability to see the impact of your successes?
On the Seattle based Supply Chain Optimization Technologies (SCOT) team, we provide a shared inventory and pooling graph of fulfillment centers to enable a globally aggregated view of inventory availability within the Amazon fulfillment network that is core to fulfillment pipeline and supply chain systems. Utilizing innovative storage technologies and algorithms, we track inventory mapping and enable purchasing for millions of items. We deliver real-time transactionally precise data on top of robust, scalable, and asynchronous distributed systems, enabling delivery of anything everywhere.
As a part of a close-knit team of engineers that are agile, data driven, and highly collaborative, you will work with a wide variety of cutting edge cloud based distributed system technologies to deliver real-time data with high reliability at massive scale. You will work to expand and optimize our world-class supply chain systems to support a variety of emerging business initiatives. We value innovation and technical exploration through iterative development which includes project scoping & development practices that emphasize software excellence. You will have the opportunity to propose ideas that impact millions of customers, owning the design of major deliverables end-to-end, while working closely with experienced engineers and teams to execute on them. Scaling, latency, and customer experience are our top priorities as the business grows.
This opportunity is perfect for motivated and talented software engineers who want to apply and grow their technical depth and breadth while defining and driving key aspects of the customer experience on Amazon.com. Our diversity, measured by diversity of thought and influenced by gender and culture, is paramount to our ability to meet the needs of our customers.
Watch this short video for more on SCOT, then apply: http://bit.ly/amazon-scot
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as , , or
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience.
• Agile practices and methodologies such as Test Driven Development and Scrum
• Service-oriented architectures
• Relational databases and SQL
• Ideal candidates will show excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills, with an enthusiastic attitude to support and resolve customer problems
• Experience with distributed systems, algorithms, and relational databases
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Familiarity or experience with supply chain concepts
Back to top