Software Development Engineer II
- Seattle, WA
Media Services, part of the Consumer Engagement organization, is looking for talented software engineers to innovate on media experiences for the largest store on Earth!
The software systems developed by Media Services power the storage and delivery of billions images on various Amazon properties including but not limited to the Amazon retail website, subsidiaries like IMDb, Kindle and FireTV devices, and Amazon fulfillment centers.
In this position you will have the opportunity to innovate, design, and build distributed systems to address Amazon's massive image upload, storage, and delivery requirements. Building on AWS technologies, you'll work across problem spaces like low latency content delivery, caching, image processing, and machine learning. The problems you solve will impact nearly every customer facing interaction and create a faster and more beautiful experience for every Amazon customer. You'll partner closely with front-end and mobile development teams to build image optimization solutions that span every platform and eliminate work for front-end engineers. You'll also play a key role in the hiring process and the development of your team through mentoring.
We need your technical leadership to solve some incredibly hard problems. As a Senior Engineer, you will have the opportunity to shape and direct the future investments and technical direction of the team. We're looking for brilliant developers with a passion for delivering results and strong ownership. You'll collaborate with, learn from, and teach some of the best engineers in the world. If this sounds exciting, we'd love to talk to you.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 3+ years relevant work experience
• Proficiency in object-oriented design using at least one modern programming language such as Java, Python or C++
• Hands-on software development experience in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
• Familiarity with Java and AWS offerings like CloudFront, Lambda, EC2, SQS, DynamoDb and ElasticSearch or a willingness to learn them.
• Familiarity with content delivery networks, caching, image processing a strong plus
• 3+ years of full life-cycle product development experience developing large scale distributed systems
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Back to top