Software Development Engineer II
- Seattle, WA
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
The Amazon Build Team owns the tools that allow developers across Amazon to build quickly and correctly. As we embrace a world of continuous delivery the number of builds each month is well into the millions. At the same time we are adding developers in more locations around the globe so we need to be a global build system responsive in any region. The build team is at the heart of shaping what is possible with the collective set of Developer Tools that are used daily by virtually every engineer at Amazon.
The Packaging team in Builder Tools is looking for an engineer to build out key initiatives for container development and deployment tools. You would be building best-in-class development toolchain, including scalable backend services, storage solutions, and command-line tools. Your work will help teams in Amazon and AWS to build, deploy, and manage their services using containers.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's Degree based or 3 years of work experience for every 1-year of education
• 5+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, Python, or Ruby
• Familiarity with a Unix/Linux/Windows/Mac development environment
• Should be genuinely excited about technology, have a strong interest in learning about and playing with the latest technologies. Must be a self-starter and motivated.
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, and asynchronous architectures
• Strong understanding of system and application performance characteristics.
• Experience with AWS products such as S3, DynamoDB, ECS, ECR, CloudWatch and CloudFormation.
• Excellent communication, sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
• Motivation to drive tasks to completion and take ownership of projects
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top