What is the team?
The vision of Workforce Intelligence (WFI) is to design the ideal workforce to meet the customer promise anywhere. This organization leads and influences global workforce strategies that enable Amazon to scale more efficiently while also providing a unique voice for the hourly workforce. This is accomplished through a variety of science driven initiatives, KPI analysis and reporting, and predictive modeling. Amazon's mission is to be the most customer centric company in the world and Workforce Staffing (WFS), the organization responsible for hourly associate hiring globally, is on the front lines of that mission and will be your core customer in this role.
What is the role?
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field and 5+ years industry experience
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Proficiency with at least one Object Oriented language (e.g. Java, Python)
- Working knowledge of software development methodologies like Agile/TDD/BDD
- Demonstrated experience in framework design and development
- A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
- Effective analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field
- Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills. Experience in working with tech stack comprising of .js platforms (Node.js, Angular.js, React.js).
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
- Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
- Experience building data products incrementally and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources
- Experience with AWS Tools and Technologies (CFT, Lambda, S3, EC2, Dynamo, Aurora etc.)
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentor other engineers for the best practices in SDE space
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.