Software Development Engineer - II
- Beijing, China
Amazon's Prime Video is a premium on-demand video entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch from popular Prime Original TV shows (made by Amazon Studios) such as The Grand Tour, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan and the recent Golden Globe winning The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel to Prime Original Movies like the Oscar-winning Manchester by the Sea and The Salesman. The service also offers TV shows that are exclusively available for Prime members in each country such as American Gods, MR ROBOT and Outlander, and more recently live sport including the US Open tennis from 2018 and Premier League games from 2019. Beyond this content exclusivity, the service further differentiates from other video-on-demand services by offering Prime members the opportunity to subscribe to 60+ channels like Discovery, Starz, Eurosport Player and hayu and hundreds of thousands of additional titles to watch instantly with no extra apps to download or long term contracts. Prime Video is at the forefront of the entertainment industry and growing fast - now available in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide - and we work in a dynamic, and exciting environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on...
Amazon Prime Video Mobile is dedicated to building the best streaming video experience possible for Kindle Tablets, Fire TV, iOS and Android Devices. The Quality Platform team is dedicated to ensuring that validating the quality of our applications is as streamlined as possible for developers.
If you are a developer who gravitates towards complex problems with complete autonomy over design and implementation, and willing to work on mobile apps/client and devices space - this is a perfect role for you.
As a software developer in the Quality Platform team you are expected to:
• Work on and automatically analyze datasets large enough to hold every test result ever generated in Prime Video.
• Build infrastructure architectures that are resilient to frequent hardware upgrades and highly scalable and available.
• Interface closely with internal customers to quickly drive new products, new features and new ways forward.
• Be an evangelist and advocate of full-CD and operational excellence.
• Engage with the quality community at Amazon and bring to the team the best practices in tooling and test automation.
We relentlessly emphasize quality, and take pride in engineering and operational excellence. We intend to build tools and services that stand the test of time and scale. You will own your work end-to-end, from design, implementation, and automated testing to documentation, deployment and maintenance. Your skill-set will become the leading edge in developer tools and test infrastructure software, and you will take pride in it.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Experience in developing mobile applications on Android/iOS
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively cross-group, and great passion for team collaboration
• Proven ability to work in a fast paced, agile and in an ownership and results oriented culture.
• Experience in building client applications
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
• Experience in development on cloud based infrastructure
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top