How often do you get the opportunity to be a member of a team solving significant customer and business strategy problems through big data and innovative technology? Our science team, within Amazon's Device organization, is looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented individuals to join our fast paced, start-up environment to help invent the future of product economics. We solve significant customer and business problems in the devices and retail spaces through big data and machine learning.
As a Software Engineer on this team, you will define and build innovative analytical tools used by Product Management, Finance, other Dev teams and Executives with a direct impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of flagship products that customers love and use every day. The ideal candidate will have industry-leading programming skills, an established background developing consumer applications and services as well as working with large data sets and data pipelines.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Ability to work with numbers, being comfortable working with scientists
• Demonstrated experience and interest in large data sets and converging data pipelines
• Demonstrated experience and interest in analytics and math principles
• BS in Computer Science or related work experience
• Experience building scalable data integration solutions
• Experience working in the end-to-end stack (UI, platforms, databases, distributed systems)
• Development experience defining, developing, and maintaining service APIs
• Experience working with new analytic problems
• Experience building software systems for analytic purposes
• Demonstrated ability to operate in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• A strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• An ability and willingness to multi-task and quickly learn new technologies
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .