Software Development Engineer II
- Seattle, WA
Participate in the design, development, implementation, testing and documentation of large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications, tools, systems, services, and multi-threaded servers using data structures and Object Oriented programming in Java. Translate functional requirements into robust, scalable, supportable solutions that work well within the overall system architecture. Participate in the full development cycle, end-to-end, from design, implementation, and testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance. Produce comprehensive, usable software documentation. Evaluate and make decisions around the use of new or existing software products and tools. Mentor junior development engineers.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
• Minimum of three years of experience in the job offered or as a Software Engineer, Software Developer, or a related occupation.
• Experience optimizing algorithms.
• Experience designing and developing multi-tiered, multi-threaded, distributed software applications, tools, systems and services.
• Experience using Object Oriented Design and C++, C#, Java, or Perl.
• Experience developing Mobile Applications
• Experience with Android
• Experience with Swift.
• Experience using React Native
• Experience using React.js
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top