Software Developer - Amazon Web Services is expanding our presence within the Arlington, VA area due to explosive growth! We currently have an opening for mid to senior level Software Developers. Please submit a resume for consideration via our career site portal.
At Amazon Web Services, we like to "work backwards": start by understanding what customers need and using that to guide our software engineering. We're looking for a software engineer who is experienced in listening to customers, synthesizing their needs, and rapidly iterating our services to quickly put features into customers' hands. Our best ideas become even better when we get feedback from real customer use. The sooner we can get that feedback, the more quickly we can grow.
AWS Networking provides the Networking tools and resources that enable you to securely connect to the cloud and then isolate, control, and distribute your applications across EC2 compute resources and all other relevant services in AWS. Networking Solutions available from AWS Partner Network (APN) partners can help you establish your secure, scalable, cost-effective cloud presence more rapidly.
We are currently building a brand-new service and need talented Software Development Engineers like you to help us bring it across the finish line!
Join us if...
You want to play a leading role, influencing how we design, develop, build, deploy and support new services.
You care deeply about delighting customers and building high quality software. Our leadership principles (http://www.amazon.jobs/principles) empower us to act and challenge us never to accept the status quo.
You want to work in a fast-paced environment with a start-up atmosphere. We ship code every day!
Successful candidates will enjoy distributed systems design, and have outstanding analytical skills and communication ability. Comfortable interacting with technical software and networking development teams. Does that sound like you? If so, we encourage you to apply!
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience developing objected-oriented software, with mastery of one or more relevant languages (Java, C#, C++, Ruby, etc.)
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Masters Degree or PhD in Computer Science or a related field
- Demonstrated ability to communicate business and technical ideas to varied audiences including customers, peer engineers, and senior leadership
- Strong ownership and drive to launch services