Do you want build one of the most impactful solution in Amazon to decide how to deliver packages optimally to millions of customers using tens of thousands of different ways to go from source warehouse to customer? Do you want to be part of Amazon's journey to become global transportation leader? Do you want to work on latest technologies to solve most complex problems with simpler solution? Please join Amazon Transportation Optimization Systems.
Amazon's Transportation Optimization systems decides optimal path from warehouses to end customers, and supports other use cases related to transportation. It processes millions of requests per second to determine guaranteed delivery dates and optimal transportation paths to deliver millions of packages to customers worldwide faster and cheaper. Our mission critical systems make optimal decisions impacting billions of dollars a year and set new standards for online shopping experience.
With rapid expansion into new geographies, innovations in supply chain, delivery models and customer experience, increasingly complex transportation network, ever expanding selection of products and growing number of shipments worldwide, we have an opportunity to build software that scales the business, leads the industry through innovation and delights millions of customers worldwide.
We are looking for experienced Software Engineers to be a key contributor to our success and drive the strategic development of the Transportation Optimization services.
In this job, you will...
• Work in a team of experienced engineers and teams to develop efficient architecture and algorithm to fine fastest and cheapest ways to deliver packages for customer orders using milliseconds level runtime latency.
• Lead upgradation of system architecture to adapt to the future needs and maximize the gain by using latest technologies.
• Work to expand and optimize our world-class supply chain systems to support a variety of emerging business initiatives.
• This is perfect opportunity for motivated and talented software engineers who want to apply and grow their technical depth and breadth while defining and driving key aspects of the customer experience on Amazon.com.
• Our diversity, measured by diversity of thought and influenced by gender and culture, is paramount to our ability to meet the evolving needs of our customers.
• Design, refactor, re-architect, deprecate and implemented large-scale services for ultra-high transactional volumes.
• Heavily involvement through all phases of software development using concepts that may include Service Oriented Architecture, caching, balancing, non-relational databases, micro services, sharding, n-tiered , non-relational databases etc.
• Use object-oriented concepts to program large multi-tier systems. Apply useful design patterns.
• Write and review code while insisting on best practices in improving team coding culture subjects related to quality and security.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science or a related field such as Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or Physics
• Solid experience of testing and a passion for producing high quality code
• Solid background in algorithms and data structures
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team to create exceptional value
• Familiar with Linux (Or Unix) environment
• Agile practices and methodologies such as Test Driven Development and Scrum
• Service-oriented architectures
• Amazon Web Services
• Relational databases and SQL
• Ideal candidates will show excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills, with an enthusiastic attitude to support and resolve customer problems
• Experience with distributed systems, algorithms, and relational databases
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Familiarity or experience with supply chain concepts
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us