Software Development Engineer II
- Bratislava, Slovakia
Amazon's Global Mile team is chartered with solutions for international movement of shipments which can originate from any place on earth, cross international borders and be delivered in a different parts of the world. There are a variety of ways in which we can import shipments from vendors and sellers to our warehouses and export packages from one country to another. We deal with millions of packages, each with different attributes, delivery requirements and international commerce and customs constraints. Accounting for all these constraints and maximizing the number of shipments shipped, while minimizing cost and providing a variety of customer delivery options, we seek to maximize delivery performance.
We are world class technology cutting across deep algorithmic problems; brand new tools that cater to multi-party business scenarios and challenges that are evolving very quickly. Besides technology, there are ample opportunities in the team to build domain expertise of international transportation and supply chain realms and gain first-hand experience of the Amazon operations by interacting directly with our global internal and external partners.
We are looking for highly talented software development engineers who are passionate not only about architecting large scale technology solutions but also innovating new ideas and providing directions to our business in the domain of imports and exports logistics. We have many key initiatives lined-up to support our rapid evolution and growth of cross border transportation network by solving some of the most challenging problems in this domain.
• Bachelors or Master's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• 3+ years of software development experience in - and coding in or
• Strong understanding of and concepts
• Strong understanding of database theory and experience with at least one relational or non-relational data store technology
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
• Obsession with quality and customer experience - Attention to detail coupled with ability to think abstract
• Development experience on a or platform
• Experience with web and architecture
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through its launch
• Experience in and large scale systems
• Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with both technical and non-technical customers in order to articulate technical challenges and solutions to complex problems, and understand ambiguous problems
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
Back to top