Are you excited about building an experience at Amazon that delights millions of Customers and Selling Partners all over the world? Are you passionate about building distributed software services that scale with ever increasing demand? Have you ever wondered how millions of customers are able to make purchase decisions of which third party seller to buy from? Would customer have awesome ordering experience by ordering from 4 star rated seller or 5 star rated seller?
As part of the Perfect Post Order Experience team, our Seller Reviews team's mission is to protect and delight buyers even in the presence of negative order experiences. We provide listening ears to buyers on understanding various dimensions of their experience with the third party seller. The work we do has tremendous and highly visible impact on both our buying Customer and Selling Partners. Recognizing the great opportunities before us to further improve these experiences, we are a fast growing team and are looking for a highly skilled and motivated SDE to help us imagine, build, improve, and scale our platforms. If you're passionate about solving impactful customer problems and have a consistent track record in delivering results, we'd love to hear from you!
In this role, you will:
• Work among a single threaded (tech and product) team, in an agile environment, to deliver innovative solutions to complex customer problems, against challenging timelines
• Work with other amazing engineers to establish architectural principles, investigate design approaches, evaluate feasibility, and prototype new technology
• Write high quality distributed system software
• Perform development and maintenance of key system features
• Drive best practices and engineering excellence
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 4+ years of Software Development experience; 2+ years of experience in building highly complex and scalable systems.
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C#, C++or Perl
• Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Experienced in high compute data processing.
• Worked in collaborative environment and coached peer and junior engineers.
• Caching technologies, web protocols, Web services technologies a strong plus.
• Experience developing software in a Unix/Linux environment.
• Excellent communication and analytical skills
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.