Are you passionate about the intersection of cloud computing and customer facing applications? Join AWS Simple Email Service (SES) to witness a high-scale email platform for app developers, marketers and enterprises to engage with their customers.
We are ramping up our team to build even richer and more engaging experiences for our customers. This is a unique opportunity to work with technologies at the bleeding edge and support a high-performing team that is working to change the way how developers and enterprises interact with their customers at scale.
AWS SES is hiring a Software Development Engineer who will be a technical leader and help transform SES into a next-gen email platform. AWS SES team is responsible for a building and maintaining a highly scalable service designed to enable businesses run targeted campaigns and drive user engagement. You will engage with customers and other technology leaders at Amazon to help translate strategic business needs into features and projects, delivering them timely to the customer's doorstep and creating an impact to our growth story. Successful candidates will be adept at driving a design and implementation of distributed system and can mentor other engineers to deliver the features on time.
An advantage of working with SES is the chance to help customers solve exciting new challenges and create new experiences every day that impacts millions of users. SES customers are innovators, and you will have a chance to work with them, understand their challenges, design and implement new offerings. Join us and make history in enhancing a massive-scale system!
This hands-on position requires broad engineering competence and in-depth technical knowledge of service engineering, as well as demonstrated experience of successfully planning, organizing, and conducting software development projects in a dynamic environment. As the Software Development Engineer, you will engage in the following key responsibilities:
• Develop and deploy cloud software that sends billions of emails daily.
• Design and develop innovative REST APIs, SDKs and micro-services to deliver features.
• Provide technical leadership and contribute to the definition, development, integration, test, documentation, and support of (mainly Java-based) software
• Create new features and find innovative ways to improve the performance of the service.
• Prepare technical requirements and software design specifications
• Instill best practices for software development and documentation, making sure designs meet requirements, and delivering high quality software on tight schedule
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
• 2+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer
• Computer Science and development fundamentals, including object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design and complexity analysis.
• Demonstrated proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, Python, C++, C.
• Master Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
• Knowledge of marketing technology products in email and text messaging
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Experience building large-scale web services
• Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem-solving skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.