Software Development Engineer II
- Seattle, WA
We are seeking an experienced, entrepreneurial, big thinker for a confidential new initiative within Alexa.
Amazon's Alexa cloud service and Echo devices are used every day, by people you know, in and about their homes. This customer-facing program will help them get the most from their Alexa enabled devices.
There's a revolution brewing to bring convenience, simplicity, efficiency, and fun to our lives, and you can be a part of it! We are hiring software engineers to be a part of the team that's creating customer experiences to discover, learn about, and acquire Alexa Skills for devices such as Amazon Echo and Amazon Fire TV. If you're not familiar with Alexa and Skills you can learn more here: https://developer.amazon.com/public/solutions/alexa.
If you're looking for an opportunity to be a part of an innovative, customer facing, life-impacting product, and want the fun and feel of a start-up company, but the solid management and resources of a Fortune 100 company, we'd love to chat!
If you are holding out for an opportunity to:
• Make a huge impact as an individual
• Be part of a team of smart and passionate professionals who will challenge you to grow every day
• Solve difficult challenges using your expertise in coding elegant and practical solutions
• Create applications at a massive scale used by millions of people
And you are experienced with...
• Writing highly efficient, testable, quality code written with Java, C++, or C# (or another excellent OO language)
• Application scaling, resiliency, availability, and failover
• Obsessing over creating world class user experiences
• Succeeding as a key contributor to technical projects
• Taking ownership and doing whatever it takes to get the job done
And you constantly look for opportunities to...
• Innovate, simplify, reduce waste, and increase efficiencies
• Use data to make decisions and validate assumptions
• Automate processes otherwise performed by humans
• Learn from others and help grow those around you
Then this is your opportunity.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science with at least 2+ years of experience as a software developer
• Knowledge of at least one modern programming language, such as Java, C#, or C++
• Knowledge of computer science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design
• Communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Working with cloud architecture, web services, and web sites
• Experience taking a lead role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including Agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience mentoring other software engineers
• Strong problem solving, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
• The ability to work quickly toward tight deadlines, and make smart tradeoffs between speed, accuracy, and maintainability.
• The ability to scope design deliverables accurately and prioritize work items appropriately
• Experience working in Unix/Linux
-By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Back to top