Let's fundamentally change the way millions of people shop online...and let's use your code to do it!
Do you want to see your ideas proved out in front of actual customers? Do you have a passion for machine learning? Do you have proven coding capabilities, expertise in software lifecycle, success delivering critical features, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment? If yes, you should consider Home & Lifestyle.
We are continually breaking new ground in large-scale product experiences world-wide. As innovators in this space, we deliver new UX patterns for shopping, new Services for managing and distributing product data, and new data types to integrate these together. We are looking for a Software Development Engineer who wants to innovate with us, taking ownership and driving new online shopping experiences.
As a Software Engineer on our team, you will implement cutting-edge systems to discover and solve problems, using machine learning, data modeling, and experimentation. You'll be working with a data scientist to identify hidden opportunities and help Customers discover the products they seek.
The ideal candidate for this space should have a strong sense of ownership and experience delivering creative solutions for complex problems in large systems. You need a strong customer focus coupled with a passion for continuous, data-driven improvements. This job requires a commitment to teamwork, agility in the face of ambiguity, strong communication skills and being comfortable crossing org boundaries to get things done. Working in this scalable and high performance system requires exceptional technical expertise and a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science and large-scale distributed systems.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• 5-10 years of software development experience
• Experience building and testing large scale components.
• Solid understanding of Object-Oriented analysis and design concepts.
• Solid understanding of enterprise application architecture practices.
• Core competencies in Java and web technologies (Spring MVC, XML, HTTP, REST, and SOAP)
• Excellent communication and analytical skills
• B.S. in Computer Science or a related field
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
• Python experience is a plus!
• Experience with no SQL data
• Can articulate the context for current technology choices and guide future technology choices
• Shows good judgement when making technical trade-offs between short-term prototyping needs and long-term product integration needs.
• Experience in Agile, Scrum, Kanban and/or Lean software development methodologies.