Software Development Engineer II
- Perth, Australia
Amazon is investing heavily in building a best-in-class marketing and analytics solution for Alexa shopping. We are responsible for defining and delivering a suite of highly scalable, low-latent distributed services and machine learning models that make shopping convenient. Our products help customers discover Alexa shopping features by creating context-aware actionable shopping utterances and building useful customer experiences. We optimize systems and predict customer's next best shopping action using a combination of machine learning (ML), deep learning and multi-objective constrained optimization, as well as ultra-low latency and high-volume engineering systems. Our goals are to help buyers discover new products they love, be the most efficient way for marketers and partners to meet their business objectives, and to build a major, sustainable business that helps Amazon continuously innovate on behalf of all customers. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
As an engineer in the Customer Lifecycle engagement team, you will be responsible for designing business critical systems, develop high quality code, test, deploy and support large scale distributed systems and machine learning models targeted at increasing Alexa Shopping's reach and engagement. A successful candidate will have an established background in a strong technical ability to work in highly ambiguous environments, excellent problem solving skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to deliver results in a fast paced environment. You will have deep knowledge of Java/C++, Object-oriented Design, Service Oriented Architecture and you are passionate about building massively scalable solutions and distributed systems.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms and problem solving
• Understanding of Networking protocols, Publish/subscribe or other event messaging technologies, and Client/Server development
• Passion for big, difficult problems
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
Back to top