Brand Advertising is a new space for Amazon and one that is ripe for disruption. The Brand Advertising team helps Merchants, Retail Vendors, and Brand owners acquire new customers that may not be aware of their products or services. While our other Ads teams' products focus on leverage existing market demand for products on Amazon, our team is filling a major gap for Advertisers who are either tapped out of customers who are aware of their product, or have a product that doesn't really have adequate traffic on Amazon.
We are building a turn-key solution this year that will enable Advertisers to figure out what product to build, whether their product concept will resonate with customers and help launch the right product all on Amazon. It also requires building many new systems (front-end, back-end and analytics) from scratch that will scale to millions of Advertisers and enable discovery of new products to millions of Amazon's retail customers.
This is a unique opportunity to work with some of the best Engineers at Amazon (and probably in the world) and one of the best teams at Amazon (rated very highly in a company-wide yearly assessment), lead a new initiative from scratch that is going to become a huge area of growth for Amazon's Advertising business and pioneer the usage of new technology at Amazon scale.
Join today and you will transform how customers discover and shop at Amazon!
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Intense customer focus (we really can't stress this enough)
• 3+ years industry experience in software development and full product life-cycles
• 3+ years of hands on coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform) coupled with strong base in object-oriented design and development
• 3+ years of experience with SQL and data modeling skills
• Strong proven ability in building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance, scalability, and availability
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• Experience with object oriented design and development
• Experience in building solutions of sizable scope and complexity
• Sharp analytical abilities, tech design skills, excellent communication skills
• Passion for building new products in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
• Entrepreneurial spirit: not afraid to invent and try new things, take calculated risks
• Enjoy proactively coaching, mentoring, and teaching colleagues within and outside their team