SDE , Self-Service Performance Advertising (SSPA) Platform
Amazon is investing in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
The Moderation and Relevance Systems(MARS) team, based in Bangalore, is responsible for ensuring that ads are relevant and is of good quality, leading to higher conversion for the sellers and providing a great experience for the customers. We deal with one of the world's largest product catalog, handle billions of requests a day with plans to grow it by order of magnitude. We use automated systems to validate tens of millions of offers submitted by thousands of merchants in multiple countries and languages. We are looking for a highly motivated, top notch engineer to revamp existing systems and build new ones from the ground up. A successful candidate will have understanding in at least some of the following areas: algorithm development, building and scaling very large data processing platforms using distributed computing technologies, transactional systems and data persistence, algorithm development for efficient scheduling, sampling, queuing, classification, etc.
As an experienced member of the team, in this role, you will:
- Contribute to the technical roadmap and the directional discussions for the team
- You will research, design and code, troubleshoot and support. What you create is also what you own.
- Develop the next generation of automation tools for monitoring and measuring Ad Quality
- Work with and guide others in the team in their design and code.
- Own initiatives end to end, right from brainstorming on requirements, design, implementation, release and maintenance in production
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (competencies in data structures, algorithms and object oriented design) with atleast 3 years of industry experience.
- Understanding of computer science fundamentals, like, databases, threads, memory, and networks.
- Understanding of best coding practices, design principles, class designs, multi threading and building systems that work for scale.
- Understands how to be efficient with resource usage (e.g., application impact on memory and CPU, caches as needed, respectful of customer's devices, etc.).
- Communication skills, both written and verbal
- Advanced Degree (MS/ME) in computer science or related discipline
- Experience with AWS services such as EC2, EBS, DDB, SQS, etc.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.