Software Development Engineer II
- Bengaluru, India
Do you want to lead radical innovation that creates value for millions of Amazon customers? Do you want to operate in a green field space that takes on challenging problems to provide best in class solutions for our Customer worldwide? If so, you are in the right place!
Amazon Consumer Engagement is seeking a talented and highly motivated Software Development Engineer II for our Affiliate Marketing program.
Amazon's Affiliate Marketing program, Amazon Associates, spans a large number of websites, blogs and influencers worldwide. These influencers, sites and bloggers (called associates) create original content to help customers make informed purchase decisions on Amazon. The Associates team develops tools for associates to create compelling content on their sites, provides insights on their performance, computes earnings, and offers recommendations to associates to enhance their audience engagement. The program is live in all the retail marketplaces Amazon operates in. The Amazon Associates team has an entrepreneurial culture and is focused on developing scale services that will have significant impact on our customers worldwide. We are a place to grow your career, and our supportive culture will help you achieve your ambitious goals as you deliver customer impact.
As a Software Development Engineer in the Associates team, you will have the opportunity to own, design, develop and run large-scale software services and data management systems for our customers globally. We are building the next generation of services and applications for millions of associates globally to use to drive high-quality traffic and improve conversion. You will influence subsystem design, and help build a team culture around practices that are critical to a quality product, embracing software development lifecycle practices.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity in a data-driven, fast-paced environment. They work backwards from the customer problems to design relevant solutions at scale, develop and deliver them on time, and run them reliably. They excel in problem-solving and have solid understanding of Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Distributed Systems and Databases. They write high quality code in an object oriented language - preferably in Java/C++/C - in a Linux environment; and their code is production ready with little to no changes. They have good written and verbal communication skills; learn fast; and adapt quickly to a fast paced development environment to ship customer facing value incrementally and iteratively.
• 2+ years of solid industry experience
• Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Expert in Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Proven understanding of scalable computing systems, software architecture, data structures, and algorithms
• Proven object-oriented design and implementation skills (Java, and/or C++), preferably on Linux
• Experience working with large Databases
• Knowledge of various scripting tools and languages
• Obsession with quality and customer experience
• Solid verbal and written communication skills
• 3+ years of building scalable software applications or services
• Raises the bar on dealing with ambiguity
• Prior experience with building and supporting live high-volume production systems
• Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture and experience in building micro-services.
• Expertise in Big Data, Machine Learning technologies, UX, or mobile applications
Back to top