Software Development Engineer II
- Chennai, India
Are you passionate about technology? Do you enjoy using it to create solutions that drive the business?
Do you want to be part of a team that works with all of Amazon's digital presence? Do you want learn how to use AWS technologies and NoSQL solutions to build data driven and configurable platforms that calculate and aggregate royalties for all of Amazon's Digital Content Providers? Are you interested in creating software solutions that enable the innovation and growth of the Amazon business?
We are looking for self-starters who enjoy working with a team of smart, entrepreneurial engineers & business teams, and like solving challenges at Amazon impact and scale. You will be building solutions that enable the business to grow faster, and help software platforms get out of the way of that growth. You will be working with DynamoDb, S3, Hadoop and a horde of AWS and Amazon grown technologies. Bring your Java chops, or learn with us as you grow your career at Amazon!
As a Software Development Engineer at Amazon, you have industry-leading technical abilities and demonstrate breadth and depth of knowledge. You build software to deliver business impact, making smart technology choices. You work in a team and drive things forward.
The person should be an active practitioner of engineering excellence: keeping a high bar for quality, consistency, maintainability, site latency, efficiency, security and all the other things that make great software great. In addition, he/she should contribute elegant, practical code to the corpus of the project.
The opportunity to make an impact in this role is only limited by the personal capacity of the candidate!
• 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design, Perl
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Back to top