What we do?
Sort Tech builds the technologies and services that enable manual and automated movement of packages across Amazon's worldwide transportation facilities, including Fulfillment Centers, Inbound Receive Centers, Sort Centers, Amazon Air Gateways and Delivery Stations. We build visibility platforms that enable Operations to monitor and refine their volume and staffing, and optimize their processes. Our systems process millions of packages a day and ensure Amazon meets the customer delivery promise. Our mission is to build the most efficient and optimal transportation system on the planet using our engineering muscle as our biggest advantage.
We are looking for Software Engineers with solid software engineering experience involving solving complex problems. You will work on key initiatives supporting our rapid evolution and growth of the transportation network and in the process solve some of our most challenging problems.
As an engineer in Sortation Services you will provide technical experience to the team, drive best practices, mentor other engineers and drive continuous improvements in engineering and operational excellence.
In this role you will:
• Write high-quality, efficient and testable code
• Build highly available, secure, distributed systems in a microservice architecture.
• Collaborate with some of the best engineers in the industry to work on complex challenges in large-scale computing and find out what it takes to engineer systems at "Amazon Scale"
• Own and operate the systems that you build based on real-time customer data.
• Contribute and drive planning, implementation, testing, operations, and process improvement as a member of an Agile team.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Experience developing software services and an understanding of engineering for scalability, performance and reliability
• Experience with distributed systems, replication, and load balancing
• Familiarity / experience with AWS or other cloud technologies
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and leadership to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and describe product strategy, technical designs, and software product features
• Experience in full stack development ranging from front-end user interfaces to back-end systems
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
If you are currently enrolled in or have graduated from a Bachelor's, Master's, or Ph.D program in the past 6 months, your background aligns more closely with our Student Programs openings. To learn more about our Student Programs and search for internships and full-time opportunities please visit this site: www.amazon.jobs/en/business_categories/student-programs