Software Development Engineer II
- Sunnyvale, CA
Are you interested in helping to shape investment decisions for next generation consumer electronics devices and learning more about distribution and logistics of consumer electronics devices?
The Amazon Foresight team is looking for an experienced SDE to lead development of features for a web based business analytics and prototype logistics solution. You will be an integral member of an exceptionally talented development team and have the opportunity to influence the feature roadmap, architecture and product scaling. You will regularly interact with engineers from Amazon Devices, AWS, People Tech, Finance and Amazon Fulfillment technology.
Sound interesting? We want you to join our team!
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high-performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
Other responsibilities include:
• Leading design, development and maintenance of key system features
• Work with other team members to review design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
• Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
• Establish architectural principles, select design patterns and then mentor team members on their appropriate application
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills including ability to effectively communicate with product, technical and support teams.
• Experience with the full software development lifecycle for a software product.
• Experience with distributed, multi-tiered systems, algorithms, and relational database
• Knowledge of Distributed SOA Architecture, Relational DB knowledge, DynamoDB, and various AWS technologies such as SQS, S3, CloudFormation, etc.
• Experience successfully mentoring junior SDEs
• Exposure to proper SDLC including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployment.
• You are extremely technical and have significant experience developing scalable web applications, device software with a penchant for building elegant and maintainable systems that get the job done with minimal complexity.
• You have excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy working in a highly iterative, agile, and open team environment.
• You build the right product for your customers and pride yourself on delivering products on-time against deadlines.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Deep hands-on technical expertise.
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• A deep understanding of cross-functional multiple-team based software development.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//
Back to top