Software Development Engineer II
- Seattle, WA
Do you want to solve business challenges through innovative technology? Do you enjoy working on cutting-edge, massively scalable services technology in a fast-paced team environment? Do you love working on industry defining projects that move the needle?
At Amazon, we hire the best minds in technology to innovate & build things for the benefit of our customers. The intense focus we have on our customers is why we are one of the world's most beloved brands - it is part of our company DNA. Our Software Development Engineers play an instrumental role in utilizing cutting edge technology to solve complex problems and get to see the impact of their work.
Amazon challenges are big and impact millions of customers, sellers, and countless products across the globe. Our path is not always easy so we are selective about who joins us on this journey. There is a certain kind of person who takes on software development challenges at Amazon - someone excited by the idea creating new platforms, features, and services from scratch while managing ambiguity and the pace of a company whose ship cycles are measured in weeks, not years. If this is you, come build the future with us.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Collaborate with experienced cross-disciplinary Amazonians to develop, design, and bring to market innovative devices and services
• Design and build innovative technologies in a large distributed computing environment and help lead fundamental changes in the industry
• Create solutions to run predictions on distributed systems with exposure to cutting edge technologies at incredible scale and speed
• Build distributed storage, index, and query systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, low cost, and easy to manage/use
• Enrolled in, or received at a minimum a Bachelor's Degree in a STEM related field such as IT, Computer Science, Computer Engineering
• Proficiency in one of the following languages: Java, C++, or C
• Enrolled in, or received a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
• Previous technical internship(s)
• Experience with distributed, multi-tiered systems, algorithms, and relational databases
• Experience in optimization mathematics such as linear programming and nonlinear optimization
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined problems as well as ability to think abstractly
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Back to top