Are you a passionate software developer engineer looking for the next opportunity in your career? Do you enjoy working in a fast paced, ever changing environment and want to impact the lives of people around the world?
The AWS Kumo team is looking for software developers that will like to join our team in Costa Rica. In Kumo we leverage AWS technologies to operate on a global scale and deliver low-latency, highly-available services to customers and systems across Amazon. In pursuit of that mission, we are looking for software developers to help design, build, and launch software that shapes the way all Amazonians interact with IT Services. In this role you will be defining key product features and engineering unique solutions that are instrumental to the success of our business.
• Obsess over software performance and challenge yourself and others to deliver highly scalable, low latency, reliable and fast services to a variety of platforms?
• Possess ideas and know how to solve problems, but also follow through with a clean and maintainable implementation?
• Have a high bar for coding excellence and a passion for design and architecture?
• Want to work with the latest AWS technologies to achieve rapid scale?
• Want to pioneer before the industry catches up?
If yes, then we have a role for you. We are small, customer-focused teams of passionate software engineers that are looking to delight our customers by building amazing software.
"Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us".
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical field, or equivalent professional experience.
• 2+ plus years experience in one modern programming language, such as C#, Java, or Ruby
• Experience and understanding of Computer Science fundamentals including software architecture, data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
• Experience with relational or NoSQL databases
• Experience with Agile, Test-Driven Development and Continuous Deployment for Web technologies
• Experience building web applications for both mobile and laptop use.
• Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of an organization
• Experience designing, building and troubleshooting complex service-oriented systems
• Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a dynamic environment
• Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results
• Understanding of performance tradeoffs, load balancing and operational issues