Software Development Engineer II
- Boston, MA
Software Developer - Amazon Web Services - Help us reinvent the Cloud!
Amazon Elastic File System (EFS) is built in Boston, MA. It's a fully managed service that makes it easy to set up and scale shared file storage in the AWS Cloud. Amazon EFS is designed for a wide variety of use cases: data analytics, video rendering, genomics analysis, web serving, content management, and home directories, to name a few. https://aws.amazon.com/efs/
As a Software Engineer in this office, you will design and build a service that allows customers to create cloud storage solutions that are secure, reliable, completely elastic, and can grow to petabyte-scale. Delivering a reliable and high-performance service at AWS scale requires engineers with extraordinary technical expertise and boundless creativity. At Amazon, engineers have the opportunity to interact with customers, to understand our business goals, and to innovate rapidly, delivering high-quality and ground-breaking functionality.
We're looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we've been building.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Experience building and operating scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems
• Experience developing storage software with knowledge of storage protocols and file system architecture
• Familiar with building secure software using modern security principles
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top