Amazon Acceptance Payment Platform team at Amazon India Development Center, Bangalore is looking for a Developer to design and build the next generation UPI (Unified Payment Interface) platform and product from the ground up. Once built, this real time, highly reliable and scalable platform will process all Amazon India business's online payments transactions via UPI with a goal of increasing current Payment Success Rates significantly and be the best in the industry. This role will require definition/implementation of complex encryption/decryption technologies to securely process transactions at amazon retail scale without compromising customer information. This platform will have multiple innovations(one of them being: building a smart engine which will inform customers in advance(and in real time) about the ongoing success rate of their current selected payment method). This platform will also be designed to support other emerging economies which have similar requirements like India and the role provides a huge opportunity for the developers to build a strong portfolio of patents for Amazon.
We are looking for passionate, experienced software developers that can lead a team of developers in delivering high quality platform solutions that support variety of customer use cases and are extensible to handle amazon scale.
Developers in the team need a strong understanding of Computer fundamentals and practical experience in building large scale distributed systems. Experience with web-based applications and/or web services-based applications, especially at massive scale, is also helpful.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 6 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 6+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
• Expertise in object-oriented design and coding skills (Java and/or C/C++ preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
• Expertise in Android or iOS internals
• Experience with Android backend development and exposure to AndroidAccountManager, Broadcasts, and Performance etc.
• Experience in mobile SDK development
• Web services and web application/services development experience
• Experience developing distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications in a 24/7 environment
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Amazon.