Software Development Engineer II
- Bangalore, India
Amazon's Selection Monitoring team is responsible for making the biggest catalog on the planet even bigger. Our systems process billions of products to algorithmically find products not already sold on Amazon and programmatically add them to the Amazon catalog. We apply parallel processing, machine learning and deep learning algorithms to evaluate products and brands in order to identify and prioritize products and brands to be added to Amazon's catalog. The datasets produced by our team are used by teams across Amazon to improve: product information, search and discoverability, pricing, and delivery experience. Our work involves building state-of-the-art Information Retrieval (IR) systems to mine the web and automatically create structured entities from un-structure/semi-structured data. We constantly stretch the boundaries of large scale distributed systems, Elastic Computing, Big Data, and SOA technologies to tackle challenges at Amazon's global scale.
Come join us in our journey to make everything and yes, we do mean everything that anyone wants to buy, available on Amazon!
We are looking for SDEs with strong technical knowledge, established background in engineering large scale software systems, and passion for solving challenging problems. The role demands a high-performing and flexible candidate who can take responsibility for success of the system and drive solutions from design to coding, testing, and deployment, to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
As a member of the team, in this role, you will:
• Work with Sr.SDEs and Principal Engineers to drive the technical and architectural vision of SM systems responsible for generation of structured domain entities from structured/semi-structured data.
• Develop systems and extensible frameworks for complete lifecycle management of domain entities and inter-entity relationships
• Solve complex problems in automated identity generation, web-to-Amazon namespace translation, and classification of products.
• Design and develop solutions for efficient storage and vending/search of products and related information.
• Utilize serverless and big data technologies to develop efficient algorithms that operate of large datasets.
• Lead and mentor junior engineers, and drive best practices around design, coding, testability, and security.
Developers in the team need a strong understanding of Computer fundamentals and practical experience in building full stack, large scale distributed systems. Experience with web-based applications and/or web services-based applications, especially at massive scale, is also helpful.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 2+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Back to top