Software Development Engineer II
- Seattle, WA
If you have ever recommended a product on Amazon to someone, chances are you used the "Share" feature! The Social Share team drives programs and software initiatives to ensure Amazon customers get the best sharing experience. Shopping is inherently social and we aim to help our customers connect with their friends and family more conveniently as they shop on Amazon.
As an SDE in our team, you will have the opportunity to own customer-facing experiences and truly innovate on their behalf. You will help to define, prototype, build, and maintain these experiences that empower the customer shopping journey on Amazon. You will collaborate with UX designers, product managers, and your team to build stable, secure, and world-class cross-platform products that makes sharing easy and fun for customers.
Successful candidates need to be innovative, flexible, self-directed, able to design and write reliable, maintainable and high-performance code. You must be able to deal with ambiguity, and make data-driven decisions. If you enjoy working in a dynamic environment and like the idea of working autonomously, this is the career opportunity for you.
We care about your career growth. Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. You will have ample opportunities to grow your skills in several areas not limited to front-end engineering.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
• 5+ years of overall software development experience, with an emphasis on front end engineering.
• Experience with modern web technologies and techniques such as HTML5, CSS3, CSS frameworks and CSS pre-processors.
• Experience with MVC frameworks, Spring MVC, AJAX interfaces with AJAX libraries and frameworks.
• Experience with responsive and mobile design, as well as cross-browser development and testing.
• Experience building rich data-driven web applications by consuming RESTful services and APIs.
• Track record delivering front-end software that is correct, stable, performant, secure and accessibility compliant.
• Able to solve difficult software and UX problems with some ambiguity.
• Proficient in a broad range of software design approaches and common UX patterns. Knows when (and when not) to use front-end software design patterns (e.g., asynchronicity, data binding, modules, objects, promises).
• Can articulate the risks and benefits of depending on front-end libraries, frameworks, and toolsets.
• Able to dive into the source code of front end libraries to debug, patch, and extend them when necessary.
• Proficient in view layout and rendering technologies (e.g., responsiveness, progressive enhancement, browser/device support).
• Understands how to optimize the delivery of code and assets (e.g., images, fonts) to a browser or device (e.g., lazy loading assets, using CDNs, caching, compression, etc.).
• Knows how to instrument software with real user metrics to reflect the customer experience.
• Knowledge of engineering and operational excellence best practices.
• Experience with AWS web services.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top