This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical team in either Arlington, VA and Herndon, VA working with some of the best and brightest engineers and technical managers. You will develop your skills and further your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere!
Amazon Web Services is seeking top industry technical expert to grow our team dedicated to expanding our Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) to government customers. We are looking for a strong software development engineer who can help us design, build, test, and maintain secure and scalable products improving automation, scaling operations, and creating memorable external customer experiences.
The ideal candidate loves to learn, share ideas and invent. The candidate should come prepared with an understanding of object oriented software design and implementation experience, strong knowledge of web protocols, and an in-depth knowledge of Linux/Unix tools and architecture. Experience with web-based applications and/or web services-based applications, especially at massive scale and in a DevOps environment, are very applicable and helpful.
You will conduct software development and DevOps engineering tasks including but not limited to:
• Implement best practices in modern software engineering: design, implementation, testing, version control, documentation, deployment, monitoring and operations
• Build highly available, secure, applications and distributed systems in micro-services, container, and distributed cluster-compute architectures.
• Own and operate the systems that you build based on real-time customer data and service-level agreements
• Collaborate with some of the best engineers in the industry to work on some of the most complex challenges in large-scale computing
Developers at Amazon work on real world problems on a global scale, own their systems end-to-end, and influence the direction of our technology that impacts hundreds of millions customers around the world. Join a team of super smart, customer obsessed developers that think big and have fun.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph. A Day 1 start is contingent on a successful clearance crossover. In compliance with the U.S. government requirement that employees of its contractors, and employees who work on or in connection with U.S government contracts must receive the COVID-19 vaccine, this position may require that the candidate selected be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. A person is considered fully vaccinated by completing the full regimen of the COVID-19 vaccine (two doses for Pfizer or Moderna and one dose for Johnson & Johnson).
This position can be located in:
• Arlington, VA
• Herndon, VA
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of experience with at least one modern programming language such as Java, C, C++, C#, Python, Scala, Ruby, etc. including object oriented design
• 3+ years debugging, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 2+ years of experience working with Linux/Unix systems
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle
• 5+ years of software development experience
• Experience building high-volume, highly available systems and operating 24x7 services
• Experience with relational and NoSQL databases
• Experience with Agile methods and processes
• Experience with distributed systems, consistent hashing, distributed locking, replication, and load balancing.
• Advanced knowledge of configuration management systems, such as: Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or related systems
• Current, active US Government Security Clearance of Top Secret or above
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We are dedicated to supporting our new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.