Software Development Engineer II
- New York, NY
We are building a new retail platform that will enable a new business for Amazon . If you are interested in working on a team with a startup culture , influencing a transformative architectural direction for Amazon and being part of the foundational team for a new venture that will grow very fast, very soon- join us ! We will be solving some of the broadest distributed systems, analytics and system integration problems you will encounter at Amazon and creating a retail ecosystem that will help significantly expand our inventory and fulfillment capabilities.
You are someone who:
• Loves dealing with ambiguity and putting together large , reliable systems
• Are able to design for long term robustness while allowing pragmatic near term rollouts
• Explore new problem spaces with unique constraints and thus non-obvious solutions; you're quick to identify any gaps in the team and the right person to fill them to best deliver value to customers.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• 5+ years' experience with at least one language (Java, C++, Python, R, etc).
• 5+ years of strong OO design or functional design with understanding of common design patterns.
• 5+ years translating business requirements into operational systems.
• Experience with architecting scalable distributed systems
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top