Looking for startup culture, high impact problems to solve and opportunities to grow?
Are you a full stack developer, equally comfortable with front end development as with back-end service design. We are building new product(s) that will disrupt how enterprises collect and utilize tribal knowledge spread across applications and subject matter experts. Come work for a young and ambitious team in AWS. AWS WW Revenue Organization (WWRO) is responsible to products and programs to enable AWS sellers become effective quickly. Our technologies have direct impact on the AWS' top line! Designing product that can be commercialized is our gold standard.
Scope of Impact & Influence
This role is for a full-stack developer with an emphasis on data aggregation and designing highly scalable applications. As an SDE you are expected to design flexible and scalable solutions, and work on some of the most complex challenges in large-scale computing by utilizing your skills in data structures, algorithms, and object oriented programming.You will have the opportunity to work side-by-side with a machine learning team and utilize Natural Language Processing (NLP) in your application.
Mentoring & Career Growth
Our team is committed to supporting new team members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures. We prioritize thought diversity and have regular meetings within the team to collect ideas from all roles.
Our team is diverse and geographically distributed. We understand that work-life balance is important. We offer some flexibility in how you structure your work to suit your other life commitments while adhering to core office working hours.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Location: Bellevue/Seattle, WA or Dallas, TX
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience.
• 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience creating scalable cloud applications.
• 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience using object oriented design with at least one modern language such as C#, TypeScript/React, Phython.
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Experience mentoring/training the engineering community on complex technical issues
• Experience in developing code for Software-as-a-Service
• Experience with Slack or Salesforce application development
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the bias of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.