Are you interested in building software security solutions that protect systems and data across an entire enterprise? Are you interested in working backwards from the customer to ensure you're solving the right problems? We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to help us build the next generation of security automation, capable of securing systems and resources on a massive scale, powered entirely by AWS. If you are not an AWS power-user, you will be after working with us. This is a rare opportunity to join at the early stage of a critical project.
Our organization is responsible for the protection of customer and corporate data. We're connected to all parts of Amazon's business and its massive, worldwide service-oriented architecture. We enable the Amazon business to build, architect, and operate their enterprise-scale systems securely on AWS.
In this role, you will lead the technical vision and architecture for mission critical systems. Our problem space presents the opportunity to innovate in areas such as enterprise scale resource management in the cloud, real time cloud intelligence, and building systems that make it easy for service owners to build and maintain secure systems. You will partner with the leadership team to drive key engineering and business decisions that will influence and impact Amazon's software stack on AWS. You will also have the unique opportunity to provide inputs to the next generation of AWS services by representing one of its largest enterprise customers, Amazon.
The successful candidate is expected to contribute to all parts of the software development and deployment lifecycle, including design, development, documentation, testing and operations. They must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, be self-driven, and deliver high quality results in a fast paced environment. They need to enjoy working closely with their peers in a collaborative setting.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related degree or equivalent experience.
• 5+ years of professional software development experience.
• Strong architectural and system design skills in Java, C#, or other object oriented programming language.
• Master's Degree in computer science or related field.
• Familiarity with cloud computing concepts and hands-on experience working in cloud platforms such as AWS.
• Experience with full-stack development and UX design.
• Experience in development of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications that have been successfully delivered to customers.