Software development Engineer II
- Bengaluru, India
Hiring Unit: Intelligent Cloud Hosting (ICON)
The Intelligent Cloud Hosting (ICON) in Intelligent Cloud Control (ICC) organization has exciting jobs in Hyderabad. ICON is focused on automating the building monitoring, and management of cloud infrastructure to allow Amazon business to launch customer-focused innovations using the latest AWS advancements to instantly deploy micro-services to meet their business needs. We are using machine learning and neuronal computation to develop self-learning, self-driving systems that scale and secure the connection of hundreds of thousands of services to the Internet with optimum levels of performance, latency and cost-efficiency, with availability targets in excess of five nines. We are building the Cloud intelligence that will enable Amazon to continue to be the Earth's most customer centric company.
Job Title: Software Development Engineer II
Job Location: Hyderabad, India
What does it take to succeed in this role? You need to be creative, responsible, and able to dig deep into AWS emerging technologies. You will think about business opportunities, operational issues, architectural improvements, and the customer perspective in the source of a single conversation. You have a deep mastery of programming languages, distributed system design, and performance.
As a software development engineer on this team, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the definition, vision, design, roadmap and development of efficiency and resiliency related services and tools.
- Work with the team to help drive business decisions
- Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative software solutions to drive services optimizations, cost, and security.
- Use software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all of the team deliverables
- Write high quality distributed system software
- Work in an agile, startup-like development environment, where you are always working on the most important stuff.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
Qualifications: • Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field • Experience developing software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability • Experience with a variety of modern programming languages (Java, C/C++) and open-source technologies (Linux, Spring) • 4 to 6 years of experience in the job offered or a related occupation must involve: designing and developing large-scale, distributed software applications, tools, systems and services using Java, C#, or C++, and Object Oriented Design. • Strong debugging/troubleshooting skills • Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals • A passion towards problem-solving • Strong decision-making ability • Must be able to think proactively; excellent follow-through and attention to details. professional experience in commercial or web-scale system software development and delivery • Track record for being detail-oriented and demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
• 5+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer.
• Experience developing complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs and product strategy.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations.
• Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers in all aspects of their engineering skill-sets.
• Experience with agile software development methodologies.
• Strong understanding of modern database technology, experience with AWS database products such as DynamoDB
Back to top