The AWS Enterprise Engineering team provides innovative solutions to support Amazonians around the globewherever they may be.
We are looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer with deep expertise in designing and supporting enterprise-scale software solutions. You will be responsible for the design, implementation and quality of services you deliver.
Who are you?
You have a strong understanding of large scale computing solutions. You have experience working as a software engineer in an enterprise environment, and have implemented automated solutions across a variety of applications and systems. You are conversant in the world of DevOps -- comfortable writing service code and creating automation to deploy, monitor, and manage those services.
You're knowledgeable. You are an expert in a few chosen areas but also strive to maintain a broad skillset. You actively seek out new ideas and technologies that you can use to deliver a higher quality services at a cheaper prices. People seek you out as a resource to solve difficult problems.
You're passionate about success. You use data to measure success and focus on the things that matter. You take responsibility for the quality of your service and, regardless of the source of faults, you work to protect your customer's experience.
You understand different people have different needs to be productive, and strive to develop self-service oriented solutions. You have a passion for learning, designing, and building cloud computing systems for a diverse set of customers.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• Understanding of security protocols such as SAML, OAuth, OIDC, etc.
• Understanding of web services technologies such as SOAP, REST, etc.
• Understanding of Identity Systems like LDAP and/or Active Directory
• Exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us