Software Development Engineer II
- Seattle, WA
Are you interested in building high-performance, globally scalable Financial systems that support Amazon's current and future growth? Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Do you have a passion for ensuring a positive customer experience? This is the job for you.
Finance Automation(FinAuto) needs a leader to design and develop services that facilitate trillions of global financial transactions worth billions (USD) annually. Our software empowers and connects customers, vendors and financial operations teams in ensuring accurate and timely cash flows. We are looking for a results-oriented, driven software development engineer who can help us create the next generation of distributed, scalable financial systems that support Amazon's current and future business needs. Our mission is to provide technology solutions that optimize the scale, speed, accuracy and productivity of Amazon's order to cash process, while ensuring a positive customer experience.
The ideal candidate is an experienced hands-on software developer that thrives in a fast-paced environment, relishes working with big data, enjoys the challenge of highly complex business contexts that are typically being defined in real-time. This person needs to love building software, be self-directed, knows how to get things done, can lead teams, and is not afraid to take on big challenges. Individuals interested in this position should have practical experience in building high-performance, reliable systems in a complex, multi-tiered, distributed environment (Service Oriented Architecture). The ideal candidate will have experience working with Java and distributed computing technologies on a Linux platform. Experience in finance systems and business process management platforms is a plus, but not required.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Good problem solving and ability to develop optimal algorithms
• Understanding of algorithmic design and complexity analysis
• Understanding of relational databases and basic SQL
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work in a team environment
• A Master's or PhD Degree in CS highly desirable.
• A strong bias toward building simple, sustainable, extensible code.
• The ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical customers in order to understand ambiguous problems and articulate technical obstacles and solutions to complex challenges.
• Practical experience with software engineering best practices, refactoring existing code, and a strong desire to create quality solutions and designs.
• A deep understanding of distributed systems, multi-threaded programming and messaging technologies. (e.g Do you know what SOA is and how to make it work? Can you write a service from the ground up without using any framework?)
• Development experience defining, developing and maintaining web service API's
• Experience with AWS is highly desirable.
• By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
• Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top