Software Development Engineer II
- Seattle, WA
Over the past 20 years, Amazon has reinvented on behalf of customers and is one of the largest internet retailers. We are now reinventing on behalf of the business customers to build an innovative Business-to-Business (B2B) payment experience, and we are recruiting to make this vision a reality. B2B Payments represents an incredible opportunity to address a vast new market segment. Our customers include individual professionals, small businesses to large institutions. Our B2B customers have different needs than the traditional Amazon customer so we are reinventing everything from how we display our selection and provide the right paying experience.
To succeed in this role, you must be a passionate advocate for the customer, always looking to invent and simplify on their behalf. You must think big and build a solution that can scale to meet the global needs of thousands of customers.
You will be responsible for designing and implementing key architectures that drive initiatives to meet our B2B customers' needs and work with technologies to support large-scale distributed software systems that shape the Amazon retail infrastructure. As a Software Development Engineer II, you will be part of the larger technical leadership community at Amazon. This community forms the backbone of the company, plays a critical role in the broad business planning, working closely with senior executives to develop business targets and resource requirements, influences our long-term technical and business strategy and enables us to deliver innovative new solutions rapidly.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Masters in Computer Science or related area or equivalent industry experience
• Experience writing code in a high volume, service based architecture
• 4+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design and data structures
• Experience with algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, Python, C++ or C#
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top