Software Development Engineer Identity and Authentication
- Seattle, WA
We're kicking off exciting initiatives in the AWS Enterprise Engineering organization, and we're looking for a Software Development Engineer who's ready to lead the next wave of innovation in Identity and Authentication at Amazon.
In AWS Enterprise Engineering, we build the software, services, and infrastructure that enable Amazon services across the world to build and deliver for customers. We innovate at the intersection of AWS technology and the need to deliver traditional IT solutions at Amazon's scale. We're an AWS-focused, builder-centric organization, focused on using AWS technology to reshape and reinvent foundational infrastructure technologies. We build software and services that are critical to all Amazon businesses and teams globally. We succeed when Amazon builders have the underlying infrastructure services to operate at scale, worldwide.
We are looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer with deep expertise in designing and supporting enterprise-scale infrastructure. You will be responsible for the design, implementation and quality of services you deliver.
Who are you?
You have a strong understanding of large scale computing solutions. You have experience working as a software development or systems development engineer in an enterprise environment, and have built and implemented automated solutions across a variety of applications and systems. You enjoy writing code and creating automation to manage your services.
You're knowledgeable. You are an expert in a few chosen areas but also strive to maintain a broad skillset. You constantly seek out new ideas and technologies that you can use to deliver a higher quality services at a cheaper prices. People seek you out as a resource to solve difficult problems.
You're passionate about success. You use data to measure success and you don't spend time on things that do not matter. You take responsibility for the quality of your service and, regardless of their source, strive to prevent faults from impacting your customers.
You understand different people have different needs to be productive, and strive to develop self-service oriented solutions. You have a passion for learning, designing, and building cloud computing systems for a diverse set of customers.
You're an Amazonian.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years engineering federated identity solutions (SAML & OIDC, Microsoft Active Directory Federation Services or similar)
• Strong knowledge in other authentication systems/protocols such as Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), RADIUS, and Multi-factor Authentication (MFA), and System for Cross-domain Identity Management (SCIM)
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Demonstrable track record dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering measurable results in an agile environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top