GET READY TO DO SOMETHING BIG!
Over 100 million paid members in 17 countries around the world enjoy the many benefits of Prime, including the best of shopping and entertainment from Amazon. In the U.S. that includes unlimited access to award-winning movies and TV episodes with Prime Video; unlimited access to Prime Music, Prime Reading, Amazon Photos, Twitch Prime; early access to select Lightning Deals, one free pre-released book a month with Amazon First Reads, and more. Prime members can also get deep discounts on select popular products at Whole Foods Market plus an additional 10 percent off hundreds of sale items. Prime was built on the foundation of unlimited fast, free shipping and members receive Prime FREE One-Day Shipping and Prime FREE Same-Day Delivery in more than 8,000 cities and towns, two-hour delivery with Prime Now in more than 30 major cities and unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping on more than 100 million items".
If you want to work on one of Amazon.com's most impactful program and are passionate about writing code that impacts millions of people every day, then the Amazon Prime Team wants to hear from you.
The Prime team seeks talented engineers who take great pride in both the technical and business contribution of their work. You will be given the chance to have a significant impact on our systems, our business and most importantly, our customers. As a member of the Prime team, you will work closely with the business team to design and implement new features, you will use a variety of core languages and technologies including Java, Perl, and Linux to name a few and build highly scalable services in order to bring the Prime experience to a large variety of Amazon business.
• Candidates must have a Bachelor in Computer Science Engineering or related field.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Possess an extremely sound understanding of areas in the basic areas of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Databases.
• Be able to write Amazon quality code in an object oriented language - preferably in Java in a Linux environment.
• Candidate must have good written and oral communication skills, be a fast learner and have the ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 2+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Amazon.