Would you like to be part of a team that is solving new business challenges through innovative technology?
The Team: Physical store technology teams support solutions for Amazon's brick and mortar store. For example, one such store is the Amazon Books store, which offers a curated selection of books and an array of Amazon devices. It is a magical experience that combines the best parts of a neighborhood bookstore with Amazon.com's low prices and the expertise of passionate, knowledgeable staff who tailor their approach to the unique needs of each customer. While we use existing Amazon systems when possible, you'll be working on challenging problems that need innovative solutions specifically for all Amazon's brick and mortar store formats.
The ideal candidate is excited by technology, passionate about learning and should view every customer interaction as an opportunity to create an exceptional customer experience. Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, excited to work in a "green field", wear many hats and work in a highly collaborative environment that is more startup than big company.
This is a brand new team ( Physical Stores Returns) touches various retail systems across amazon. )By In Store Return Online 2) Instant Refunds 3) New countries on boarding 4) Building New s Return Services and Experiences are a few programs that will excite you for sure.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
This position is for the Returns team, a new initiative under Physical Stores. Great time to join the team, deliver on these critical goals and make a difference to the customers.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 5+ years of software development experience.
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or Perl
• Proven experience mentoring and training the engineering community on complex technical issues.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between