Do you want to be a leader in the team that takes last mile delivery in the Transportation models to the next generation? Do you have a solid analytical thinking and want to solve problems with solutions that will meet the growing worldwide need? If you have passion to learn and be curious, and want apply your programming and analytical skills to help Amazon grow, then Last Mile Delivery Service Partner (Last Mile DSP) is the team for you. We are looking for top notch SDEs to be part of our world class business software development team.
DSP (Delivery Service Partners) are medium and large sized 3rd party businesses delivering packages from amazon last mile delivery stations to the customer on behalf of Amazon. The team's global mission is to become Amazon's logistics labor capacity of choice by building the provider network required to support Amazon's growth and meet customer expectations for any deliveries, at any time of the year through scalable, innovative, and low cost operations, and in a way that both delights customers and empowers DSPs and their Delivery Associates.
We are building world class technology that powers the DSPs. The teams own suite of systems/applications/tools/services to support the DSP program through its entire life cycle from marketing-vetting-on boarding through every day operations like scheduling, driver management, fleet management, compliance enforcement, payments and value added services. We aim for the DSP program to be the backbone of Amazon's transportation arsenal that is capable of handling all delivery types with scalable, innovative, and low-cost operations all while working backward from DSP and delivery associate (DA) satisfaction.
The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter that can work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment with limited supervision. The candidate should have strong communication skills and ability to prioritise effectively to ensure timelines are met. Lastly, the candidate should have an ability to work effectively with cross-functional and global teams.
As an SDE in the team, you will be responsible for -
• Ownership of product/feature end-to-end for all phases from the development to the production.
• Ensuring the developed features are scalable and highly available with no quality concerns.
• Work closely with peer engineers for refining the design and implementation.
• Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments.
• Assist directly and indirectly in the hiring and development of technical talent.
• Create and execute appropriate quality plans, project plans, test strategies and processes for development activities in collaboration with business and project management efforts.
• Contribute intellectual property through innovation and driving best practices, patents.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Experience working with service oriented architectures and web-based solutions.
• Experience in understanding different design approaches and patterns
• Experience working on the AWS technologies.
• Experience with NoSQL and relational databases.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience working on Agile processes (Scrum, Kanban).