Software Development Engineer I
- New York, NY
Want to be part of a dynamic start-up environment within Amazon and be at the forefront of enabling "Amazon Pay" outside of Amazon?
The India External Payments team is looking for passionate, experienced people with the desire and talent to make big changes in a fast paced environment. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are innovative, and long for the opportunity to build solutions to challenging problems then we want you as a Software Development Engineer for Amazon's Amazon Pay Merchant experience team. This is a rare opportunity to be part of a team that will be responsible for building a successful, sustainable and strategic business for Amazon, from the ground up!
The ideal candidate will be instrumental in shaping the product direction and will be actively involved in defining key product features that impact the business. You will work with Principal and Senior Engineers at Amazon to evolve the products owned by this team. You will be responsible to set up and hold a software quality bar besides providing technical direction to a highly technical team of Software Engineers.
As part of this team you will work to ensure Amazon.in is FAST and has the best payment experience. It's a great opportunity to develop and enhance experiences for Mobile devices first. You will work on analysing the latency across the various Amazon.in pages using RedShift, MapReduce, Java, and Ruby on Rails. You will get the opportunity to code on almost all key pages on retail website building features and improving business metrics. You will also contribute reducing latency for customers by reducing the bytes on wire and adapting the UX based on network bandwidth. You will be part of a team that obsesses about the performance of our customer's experience and enjoy flexibility to pursue what makes sense. Come enjoy an exploratory and research oriented team of Cowboys working in a fast paced environment, who are always eager to take on big challenges.
• Work closely with senior engineers to , implement and deploy applications that impact the Amazon.in business with an emphasis on Mobile, Payments, and e-Commerce website development.
• Own the delivery of an integral piece of a system or application.
• Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
• Assist directly and indirectly in the continual hiring and development of technical talent.
• Create and execute appropriate quality plans, project plans, test strategies and processes for development activities in concert with business and project management efforts.
The ideal candidate will be a leader, quick learner and be able to work independently. He/she should be able to operate in a very fast paced environment where time to hit market is super critical. The candidate will need to balance technical leadership and savvy with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology choices.
Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or Engineering
• Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
• Knowledge of Perl or other scripting languages a plus
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
• Experience in optimization mathematics (linear programming, nonlinear optimization)
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Previous technical internship(s) preferred
Back to top