Software Development Engineer I
- Dublin, Ireland
Are you passionate about the intersection of cloud computing and customer facing applications? Join AWS Simple Email Service (SES) to witness a high-scale email platform for app developers, marketers and enterprises to engage with their customers.
We are ramping up our team to build even richer and more engaging experiences for our customers. This is a unique opportunity to work with technologies at the bleeding edge and support a high-performing team that is working to change the way how developers and enterprises interact with their customers at scale.
AWS SES is hiring a Software Development Engineer who will be a technical leader and help transform SES into a next-gen email platform. AWS SES team is responsible for a building and maintaining a highly scalable service designed to enable businesses run targeted campaigns and drive user engagement. You will engage with customers and other technology leaders at Amazon to help translate strategic business needs into features and projects, delivering them timely to the customer's doorstep and creating an impact to our growth story. Successful candidates will be adept at driving a design and implementation of distributed system and can mentor other engineers to deliver the features on time.
An advantage of working with SES is the chance to help customers solve exciting new challenges and create new experiences every day that impacts millions of users. SES customers are innovators, and you will have a chance to work with them, understand their challenges, design and implement new offerings. Join us and make history in enhancing a massive-scale system!
This hands-on position requires broad engineering competence and in-depth technical knowledge of service engineering, as well as demonstrated experience of successfully planning, organizing, and conducting software development projects in a dynamic environment. As the Software Development Engineer, you will engage in the following key responsibilities:
• Develop and deploy cloud software that sends billions of emails daily.
• Design and develop innovative REST APIs, SDKs and micro-services to deliver features.
• Provide technical leadership and contribute to the definition, development, integration, test, documentation, and support of (mainly Java-based) software
• Create new features and find innovative ways to improve the performance of the service.
• Prepare technical requirements and software design specifications
• Instill best practices for software development and documentation, making sure designs meet requirements, and delivering high quality software on tight schedule
• Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Strong coding ability using Java, C/C++, or similar programming languages.
• Strong problem solving and analytical abilities.
• 2+ years of proven track record in leading and owning complex projects from scoping requirements through launch and operations.
• Strong knowledge of OOD / OOP software engineering practices/standards.
• Produce high quality code that is robust and easy to maintain.
• Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms
• Experience in debugging, diagnosing, and trouble-shooting complex, production software.
• Ability to drive tasks to completion and take ownership of projects.
• Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment
• Experience in communicating with peers, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software features, and technical designs.
• Be highly innovative, flexible and self-directed.
• Passionate about learning new technologies, frameworks and programming languages.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top