The Amazon Product and Customer Insights team is looking for a scale-focused and customer-obsessed Software Engineer. Our team's mission is to build innovative automation solutions to reduce manual effort, reduce errors and improve security standards of existing processes for the Product and Customer Insights organization. After the successful growth in 2019, we are working towards the next wave of innovation in building tools and products which provide teams access to new data sources and new capabilities to measure customer experience.
As a member of this team, you will be part of the journey from product inception, iteration using customer feedback, and continuous customer delivery. You will be working along with other engineers for setting the technical direction, coming up with design options for the most ambiguous areas of the service, implementing solutions and delivering these solutions to production. You will work hand-in-hand with Machine Learning and NLP research scientists to come up with novel solutions to build the next generation service to get access to new data sources and drive improvements to Amazon's customer experience. This role will involve building scalable mid to large scale services/ workflow systems that supports operational requirements of internal teams, thereby improving efficiency and control
Our ideal candidate loves building software, is self-directed, knows how to get things done, and is not afraid to take on big challenges.
Are you this person? If so, you are going to love this job because you will:
• Solve unique problems and work on a small, self-directed team.
• Build tools and products end to end that have never been made before
• Directly influence the vision and objectives for your team's work in alignment with business and market needs
• Directly change what we do in Amazon products to delight our customers
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 2+ years professional experience in software development
- Have proven production systems based on Computer Science fundamentals such as: Computer Vision, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis, data structures, and object-oriented design
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Coursework in machine learning, data mining, information retrieval, or natural language processing