Compute Cloud (EC2) has changed the landscape for computing - from startups through the Fortune 500. This culture of innovation has permanently altered how individuals and business think about computing resources.
Now, we look to change the game AGAIN with a new and disruptive model of computing. We are hiring innovative engineers for AWS Outposts - a start-up like opportunity to build a new line of business, with new technologies, from the ground-up.
AWS Outposts are fully managed and configurable compute and storage racks built with AWS-designed hardware that you can use to operate a seamless hybrid cloud. AWS Outposts extend native AWS services to virtually any customer data center, co-location space, or on-premises facility.
We aim to hire engineers who will thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative and open environment, who aren't afraid to dive-deep to solve seemingly impossible challenges, who want to build rock solid 24x7 never-fail, highly-secure, software at world-class scale and who obsess over customers.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives. This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years experience for every 1 year of education
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, Kotlin, or Scala
• A good engineer will demonstrate that they can proactively and continually improve their level of knowledge about Amazon's business and relevant technologies, and use this knowledge to deliver high quality, accurate software deliverables.
• Clear, professional communication skills. Able to contribute to team discussions, knowing when to contribute, when to listen, and when to ask questions.
• Experience developing in a Linux environment
• Familiarity with with modern programming languages such as Go or Rust.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us