At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we are inventing the future of cloud computing with a team of builders who try new things and dream big. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses worldwide. Ten years ago, we couldn't have imagined how far we would come. Now we're inventing for the next ten years and beyond. But it is still Day 1 for us, and we are looking for curious people to be part of our diverse teams of thinkers, testers, and builders.
As a member of AWS WWRO Segmentation and Planning, you will shape the AWS business's direction as a whole. You will build greenfield solutions from the ground up while using native AWS services and frameworks. The right candidate will have a robust system delivery background, well-rounded technical knowledge, and demonstrated experience working on large scale projects. The candidate must be customer-obsessed, have strong analytical and communication skills, enjoy working with native AWS services, and thrive on solving challenging business problems. The candidate should be comfortable working in an agile environment and collaborating with multiple teams. You will design and build scalable platforms that enable AWS to sell new products and services with the necessary speed to market.
The team shares a passion for delivering superior products for AWS, innovating using advanced technologies, and impacting the AWS business in a meaningful way. We're looking for individuals who are comfortable with ambiguity, enjoy solving large scale business challenges, and enjoy working in a startup-like environment.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent experience.
• Strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.