Would you like to drive the technology behind some of the most innovative systems? Do you enjoy solving complex problems and making influential changes?
AWS Hardware is looking for Software Development Engineers to drive the technology development responsible for designing, building, and maintaining the services and infrastructure within AWS Hardware Data Science and Analytics. You will be responsible for building the systems/services supporting operations, quality, health, machine learning, and analytics associated with AWS cloud hardware across the globe.
AWS Hardware is responsible for designing, qualifying, and maintaining server solutions for AWS and its customers as well as developing new cloud focused hardware solutions. AWS Hardware provides the underlying server management infrastructure used by every server in Amazon, from EC2 to S3 to Dynamo DB and beyond. Consequently, AWS Hardware owns some of the most sophisticated software anywhere, including firmware and back-end service infrastructure. Optimizing the dynamics of ever-changing environmental conditions, monitored with millions upon millions of sensors, is a massive challenge, and we love it!
We are looking for a CUSTOMER-OBSESSED, TEAM-DRIVEN, RESULT-ORIENTED, SDE who like to work a highly visible position that will interact at all levels of the business
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/
• 1 + year's full-time experience in software design and development
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C#, C++, Java, or Ruby
• Deep understanding of Computer Science fundamentals including software architecture, data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
• Design and architecture knowledge as well as familiarity with object oriented analysis and design patterns (OOA/OOD)
• Experience of Agile, Test-Driven Development and Continuous Deployment
• Proven track record of taking ownership and building high-performance systems in a complex, distributed environment
• Experience of backend development using one of following frameworks: Spring, Rails or Express
• Experience of frontend development or mobile application development
• Experience of Internet of Things development
• Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Ag