Software Development Engineer I
At AWS, we build next generation services that change how people think about what it means to build fast, distributed services at scale. Our NoSQL services like DynamoDB and Elasticache are massively scaled database services that serve as a critical backbone of todays internet infrastructure.
Since we operate some of the largest distributed systems in the world, we need highly energetic and capable engineers to help make these successful. On the DAX (DynamoDB Accelerator) team we focus on making it even faster for customers to get their data from DynamoDB; a difficult task when you consider that DynamoDB already operates in single digit millisecond response times.
As a recently launched service, DAX is just starting to grow as a business. As a result, we're on the hunt for entrepreneurial focused engineers who are focused not only on building a fantastic caching product for DynamoDB but also who can help weigh in how we think the product should evolve to better grow the business and meet customer demand. Not an easy combination to find.
If working on at scale data storage problems excites you, if caching is your thing and if operating at the intersection of business problems and technical solutions blows your hair back this is the position for you!
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design and problem solving
- 2+ years of professional experience in software development
- Experience developing large-scale applications using a modern object-oriented programming language such as Java, C/C++, Ruby, or Python
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in an Agile software development organization
- Interest in distributed systems
- Interest in storage systems (NoSQL and distributed caching systems)
- Experience designing and building complex software systems
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top