Software Development Engineer I
- Bengaluru, India
The Team: Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout. You simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what you want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go.
Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out Technology. It automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you're done shopping, you just leave the store. Shortly after, we'll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Check it out at amazon.com/go. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, our technology uses computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA. We need people who want to join a high-reaching program that continues to push the state of the art in computer vision, machine learning, distributed systems and hardware design.
We're looking for talented, hands-on full-stack SDEs who enjoy working on complex programs including high scale services to spearhead Amazon's investment in the new physical retail store business. You'll need to tackle problems that span a variety of domains. You'll work closely with your peers to design, plan and execute on deliverables to build fault-tolerant, highly available set of tools and services to keep the stores running efficiently. You'll dig into classic computer science problems for creating optimal supply chain solutions and building innovative solutions for dealing with supply disruptions.
At Amazon, we hire hands-on engineers at all levels. You must be able to dive deep into the details on business, operations and engineering. We need technical, detail-oriented engineers who enjoy learning and working collaboratively in a team. Our services operate at large scale and is critical for ensuring a great customer shopping experience in the physical stores, so a passion and discipline around operational excellence is key. You'll also need to be willing to share big ideas and execute to deliver the next big innovations at rapid pace. We are tackling problems today that will have a major impact on our future success. If you want to join a fast-paced team that is innovating and making history, this is the place for you.
• Ability to design and code right solutions starting with broadly defined problems.
• Drive best practices and engineering excellence.
• Work with other team members to develop the architecture and design of new and current systems.
• Work in an agile environment to deliver high quality software.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline (3+ years experience in lieu of degree)
• 1+ years of relevant engineering experience
• Experience building software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience taking projects from initial concept through final launch.
• Master's degree in Computer Science
• Experience working in start-up mode building products and services from the ground up.
• Experience with AWS cloud services
• Evidence of working with existing systems; curious and able to learn new codebases
• Able to deliver results in a cross-functional team, making high-quality contributions to other systems and libraries
• Experience creating extensible, well-abstracted designs and driving consensus with other engineers
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
Back to top