Software Development Engineer - High Performance Video Transcoding
- Seattle, WA
AWS Elemental is an Amazon Web Services company that combines deep video expertise with the power and scale of the cloud. Our video transcoder team is looking for an experienced software development engineer to help us enable our customers to deliver exciting video content to all their viewers.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will write high performance code in modern languages and techniques to process our customers' video, audio, captions, and other metadata. You'll get to work on cutting edge video technologies like 4K HEVC delivery, high dynamic range video, immersive audio codecs, MPEG DASH delivery, virtualized and containerized media engines, cloud transcoding and storage, and high performance networking.
Your code will process thousands of video streams around the world, and the final output will be enjoyed by millions of viewers. The full resources of Amazon Web Services are available to us and the only limit is our imagination.
What you'll do:
• Write high performance code to make our great products even greater.
• Learn and use software engineering techniques for dealing with high volume data, multi-process and multi-thread work flows.
• Design and implement new features from specification to final test.
• Work in a close knit and inclusive cross functional team to deliver a complete, tested customer solutions.
• Mentor junior engineers and as they acclimate to our team and this industry
• Learn a tremendous amount about modern media technologies.
• Have fun in a challenging but rewarding environment.
• Bring your own strengths and uniqueness to our team!
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 10+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 5+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
• Media software development experience
• Fluency in Linux
• Fluency with Ruby, Ruby on Rails, or similar full stack experience.
• A passion for software development
Back to top