Software Development Engineer - Hardlines Customer Experience (International Technology)
- Seattle, WA
Amazon's International Technology (INTech) team is seeking a Software Development Engineer to build experiences that help customers make confident purchase decisions around 'high-consideration' products - typically high-value items that have lengthy purchase and research cycles, such as consumer electronics, home furnishings, and large appliances. Our work spans a deep technology stack, from front-end mobile apps and website, to back-end web services, and our projects span multiple phases of the customer lifecycle.
Our team is based in Luxembourg, at the heart of central Europe. Set among a picturesque background of medieval ruins, Luxembourg City is home to numerous multinational companies, which creates a culturally rich and diverse environment (7 out of 10 residents of Luxembourg City are expats, spanning over 170 different countries), and a high standard of living. In addition to having three official languages (Luxembourgish, German, and French), English is widely spoken. For those who love to travel, the country is centrally located, making it easy an easy drive or train to Paris, Cologne, and Brussels, and a short flight to other world-class EU cities such as London, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Rome, and Berlin.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years of professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals, including object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
• Knowledge of at least one modern programming language such as Java, C, C++, C#, or Python
• Fluency in English (no additional languages required)
• Strong object-oriented design and coding skills
• Experience with distributed, multi-tiered systems
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Experience with both front-end and back-end development
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from requirements through launch
• Experience communicating features and designs with both business and technical stakeholders
• Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to have fun!
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Back to top