Software Development Engineer - GSFTech
- Arlington, VA
Do you pioneer? Do you enjoy breaking down and solving complex problems for the benefit of a quickly expanding customer base, focusing first on our customer and working backwards? If so, the Global Specialty Fulfillment Technology (GSFTech) team is looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer with a strong record of achieving results, to create solutions from the ground up (no existing code base) to solve GSFs most complex operational challenges. The role requires heavy index on innovation, dive deep, bias for action, and ownership.
GSF obsesses over customers by offering the fastest delivery option available to Prime Customers with Amazon Prime Now. Not only do we deliver fast, we own the operation of some of Amazon's most innovative businesses including: Whole Foods Delivery, Treasure Truck, Pantry, Fresh, Pickup Points, and Specialty Handling (think delivering/unpacking/installing TVs).
As a key member of our engineering team, you will have the opportunity to work across multiple problem spaces for a new platform that will redefine how we solve labor planning and scheduling at Amazon. You will be solving complex problems, working on difficult challenges in engineering as the scale and suite of our services grow. You will be responsible for engineering new web-based interfaces and features that will shape how specialty fulfillment evolves here at Amazon. You will be part of a new team charged with defining and building new solutions in a startup environment.
Join us, design and implement micro services that focus on revolutionizing the specialty fulfillment space!
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years professional experience in software development
• Good knowledge of design patterns, algorithms, programming paradigms, and development best practices
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top